The Dancing Feeling and their students compete at many competitions each year. Students and teachers often place at the top of their division and even receive World Titles! If you would like to attend one of these competitions to either compete or watch as a spectator, please check with our teachers to see which event is best for you. Our teachers compete with their students at National Dance Council of America (NDCA) and United Country Western Dance Council (UCWDC). We train the Brown University, Rhode island College, Roger Williams University and University of Rhode Island ballroom teams/clubs who compete in the Collegiate Ballroom Circuit.
Michael DeNezzo, 2016 UCWDC Gold Novice World Champion, performs with his instructor Kathy St. Jean on The Rhode Show.
Why Should I Compete?
There are many benefits to competing that we would love for you to experience! Competing helps in many ways such as building confidence, is great exercise for body and mind, sets goals, deepens your understanding of dance and gives you the opportunity to enjoy and be comfortable to perform in front of an audience.
How To Get Started
Let you’re teacher know that you are interested and they will tell you more details!
This year’s 2016 competitions:
- Yankee Classic (Ballroom) June 16-19, 2016
- Dance Mardi Gras (Country) July 21-24, 2016
- New England Dance Festival (Country, West Coast Swing) August 11-14, 2016
- Massachusetts Dancesport Challenge (Ballroom)August 20, 2016
- BBC&C (Ballroom) September 15-18
- Commonwealth Classic (Ballroom) November 4-6, 2016
- Dallas Dance Festival (Country) November 10-13, 2016
- Worlds: Country Dance World Championships (Country) January 1-8, 2017
Collegiate Ballroom Competitions: Yale University, University of Connecticut (Storrs), Brown University, Holy Cross and Rhode Island College.