Want to add a extra fun element into your dancing?
Competing is a great way to have a goal to work towards and take your dancing to the next level! We have teachers who compete in the NDCA Ballroom as well as the UCWDC Country circuit.
Join our “Team Dancing Feeling” Competitive Team and enjoy local competitions as well as travel and have a blast visiting new places with your friends!
Talk to your teacher about how much fun this can be!
The Dancing Feeling and their students compete at many competitions each year. Students and teachers often place at the top of their division and even receive World Titles! If you would like to attend one of these competitions to either compete or watch as a spectator, please check with our teachers to see which event is best for you. Our teachers compete with their students at National Dance Council of America (NDCA) and United Country Western Dance Council (UCWDC). We train the Brown University, Rhode island College, and Roger Williams University ballroom teams/clubs who compete in the Collegiate Ballroom Circuit.
Michael DeNezzo, 2016 UCWDC Gold Novice World Champion, performs with his instructor Kathy St. Jean on The Rhode Show.
Why Should I Compete?
There are many benefits to competing that we would love for you to experience! Competing helps in many ways such as building confidence, is great exercise for body and mind, sets goals, deepens your understanding of dance and gives you the opportunity to enjoy and be comfortable to perform in front of an audience.
How To Get Started
Let your teacher know that you are interested and they discuss more details with you!
This year’s 2018 competitions:
- January: Worlds: Country Dance World Championships (Country) – San Fransisco CA
- January: Boston Dancesport Cup (Ballroom) – Boston MA
- February: Eastern United States Dancesport Championships (Ballroom) – Boston MA
- March: Peach State Dance Festival (Country) – Atlanta GA
- March: Tri-State Dancesport Championships (Ballroom) – Stamford CT
- March: ACDA Country Event (Country) – Ft. Worth TX
- April: Seacoast Classic (Ballroom) – Dover NH
- May: Dancing A La Carte (Ballroom) – Springfield MA
- June: Orange Blossom Dance Festival (Country) – Orlando FL
- July: Atlanta Ballroom Challenge (Ballroom) – Atlanta GA
- July: Big Apple Dance Festival (Country) – Newark NJ
- August: New England Dance Festival (Country) Boston MA
- September: DBDC (Ballroom) – Boston MA
- October: TBA
- November: TBA
- December: TBA
We coach Brown University, Rhode Island College, & Roger Williams University Ballroom Teams. They will attend collegiate competitions sponsored by different schools such as: Yale University, University of Connecticut, Brown University, Tufts, University Of Massachusetts Amherst, WPI, Rhode Island College, Harvard & MIT.