Kathy St Jean
Kathy St Jean is the Co-Director of The Dancing Feeling. She has an extensive background in dance, spanning ballroom, country, and performing arts. Kathy also holds a degree in dance. Her classes and private lessons are fun but still focused on good technique. She strives to give her students what they need to achieve their goals, whether those goals are to have fun social dancing or to find competitive success all the way up to the professional level.
- Certified as a championship ballroom judge with the National Dance Council of America (NDCA)
- Certified master-level judge with the United Country Western Dance Council (UCWDC).
- Chairman of Judges at NDCA ballroom competitions and collegiate competitions.
- Vice President of the UCWDC Judge Certification.
- Kathy train judges worldwide, and has traveled all across Asia and Europe.
- A professional member of the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance, the North American Dance Teacher Association, the Dance Teachers Club of Boston (with dual memberships in ballroom and performing arts) and the Dance Educators of America (for performing arts).
- Coaches the Brown University Ballroom Team
- Served on the faculty of the Rhode Island College Dance Department for eight years.
- Kathy’s students have won nine world titles! They consistently place at the top of their divisions. She has received numerous top teacher awards.
- Kathy has appeared on the NBC-TV series “Dance Fever”.
- She has performed with her students at the Samsung “Dancing with the Stars” Road-Tour Pre-Show.
- Her Performing-Arts dance company won numerous competitive awards and performed at Disney World.
- Kathy is the co-event director of the New England Dance Festival.
Kathy’s passion throughout life has been dance. She finds great rewards passing on her love and knowledge of dance to her students. When you combine Kathy’s passion with the qualifications listed above, you will see why she can help you to have to fun and become the best dancer you can be.